Skip to main content

Review: Ready to Run (I Do, I Don't #1) by Lauren Layne



Blurb from Goodreads:
The Bachelor meets The Runaway Bride in this addictive romance novel about a reality TV producer falling for her would-be star: a Montana heartthrob who wants nothing to do with the show.

Jordan Carpenter thinks she’s finally found the perfect candidate for Jilted, a new dating show about runaway grooms: Luke Elliott, a playboy firefighter who’s left not one but three brides at the altar. The only problem? Luke refuses to answer Jordan’s emails or return her calls. Which is how she ends up on a flight to Montana to recruit him in person. It’s not Manhattan but at least the locals in Lucky Hollow seem friendly . . . except for Luke, who’s more intense—and way hotter—than the slick womanizer Jordan expected.

Eager to put the past behind him, Luke has zero intention of following this gorgeous, fast-talking city girl back to New York. But before he can send her packing, Jordan’s everywhere: at his favorite bar, the county fair, even his exes’ book club. Annoyingly, everyone in Lucky Hollow seems to like her—and deep down, she’s starting to grow on him too. But the more he fights her constant pestering, the more Luke finds himself wishing that Jordan would kick off her high heels and make herself comfortable in his arms.
My Review:
 
This is probably my least favorite LL that I've read so far but I still liked it because her books are just that good.  I'm trying to put my finger on what didn't quite work for me in this one and I think it was the chemistry, or lack thereof.  I am used to LL's books having insane chemistry between the love interests and the chemistry between Luke and Jordan wasn't what I expected. While there were flashes of LL's usual stellar chemistry created between Jordan and Luke, there was not enough of those although it could just be that I have very high expectations for LL's book after reading and loving quite a few of them  What did work for me were all the secondary characters and the setting.  LL is a genius at sidekicks, for lack of a better word.  You know that person that the MC can bounce all his or her thoughts and feeling off of and who's the most amazing friends? She excels at creating just such characters. I can't wait to see where this series goes next!
Ready to Run comes out next week on August 22, 2017, and you can purchase HERE.  
His fingers spread wide over her waist as his mouth opened over hers, and Jordan's fingers gripped his shirt, holding him close. 
It was a bit like being a teenager again, where you thought you'd die of the frantic want, where you didn't care that you were in a parking lot, pressed against a car, probably getting dirt on your blouse, because all that mattered was the boy.  
Except this was not a boy. 
The guy pinning her to the truck was all man, and his hands and mouth absolutely knew what they were doing. 
Someone whistled as he walked by, and Jordan broke away with a gasping laugh. "Is this how you got three women to agree to marry you? Kissing them against your truck?"

Comments

  1. Nick didn't really like this one... I have been feeling like her latest books are all sounding the same. I think she should take a break between so many damn books so many they feel different? I haven't read this one yet. I love LL but I haven't seen the best reviews for this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?