Skip to main content

Review: The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand



Blurb from Goodreads:
Nantucket is only two and a half hours away from Martha's Vineyard by ferry. But the two islands might as well be worlds apart for a set of identical twin sisters who have been at odds for years. Just because twins look exactly the same doesn't mean they're anything alike--and Tabitha and Harper Frost have spent their whole lives trying to prove this point. When a family crisis forces them to band together--or at least appear to--the twins come to realize that the special bond that they share is more important than the resentments that have driven them apart. A story of new loves, old battles, and a threat that gives a whole new meaning to the term sibling rivalry, THE IDENTICALS is Elin Hilderbrand at her page-turning best. 
My Review:
 
I've read every single story and book that Elin Hilderbrand has ever published.  I've also re-read many of her books and I look forward to each one; she now has a winter series that she publishes in the late fall in addition to the book she writes every summer but, still, her books are the start of summer for me.  That being said, her last few books have been hit or miss for me.  A few I've loved (The Matchmaker , The Rumor) but more often her last few books have been just ok for me (Beautiful Day (my only DNF from her), Summerland and Here's to Us).  So I was anxious but also apprehensive to dive into her latest, The Identicals.  Well I needn't have worried because it was wonderful!  It gave me all those same feelings that her early books did and reminded me why I fell in love with her books in the first lace.  This book is about identical twin sisters that are are so different as well as Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard - two islands that look alike but couldn't be farther apart in their personalities.  I loved the juxtaposition and devoured this book in one day.  I know I will re-read this one and it also encouraged me to re-read a few of my other EH favorites after I finished it, just to keep those feelings going!

The Identicals comes out next month on June 13, 2017, and you can purchase HERE.  I really loved this one and I am happy to report that Elin Hilderbrand is back!!  I definitely recommend you put this on your summer reading list.
Like thousands of other erudite, discerning people, you've decided to spend your summer vacation on an island off the coast of Massachusetts. You want postcard beaches. You want to swim, sail, and surf in the Yankee-blue waters. You want to eat clam chowder and lobster rolls, and you want those dishes served to you by someone who calls them chowdah and lobstah. You want to ride in a Jeep with the op down, your golden retriever, named Charles Emerson Winchester III, riding shotgun. You want to live the dream. You want an American summer.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the review. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually still haven't read Hilderbrand. I will have to check this one out and the others you liked. at review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one (or tried to) by Hilderbrand several years ago and disliked it so much that I vowed never again. One of those examples that not every book (or every author) is for every person. It's great that this one was such a hit for you, especially after being disappointed by her most recent releases.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?