Skip to main content

Review: Exposed (Just One Night #2) by Kyra Davis


Exposed (Just One Night #2) by Kyra Davis

Blurb from Goodreads:

Part 2 of the Just One Night series. One passionate night with a stranger turned Kasie’s world upside down, and just when she thought she was getting the hang of things, her fiancé finds out...

You should sleep with a stranger —those words whispered in her ear by her best friend became a challenge Kasie took to heart. Suddenly, the man who gave her the most shocking pleasure in that upscale Vegas hotel —a man whose name she never bothered to find out —is her company’s biggest client.

As this unknown man becomes Mr. Dade at the office, and Mr. Dade becomes Robert in the bedroom, Kasie’s passion won’t let her deny him anything he wants. But when her fiancé, Dave, finds out, there’s no telling what he will do to keep her, or what Robert will do to steal her away once and for all.


My Review:


You can read my review of The Stranger (Just One Night, Part 1) here. I was definitely intrigued by the first book although there were some definitely concerns for me. Unfortunately, the second book started out well but did not catch fire. I'm not sure exactly where the story is going now...and if I even want to find out.

In the second book of this series, Kasie is even more confused about what she wants. I don't want to give anything away because there is definitely a lot of anticipation in most of the second book, waiting to find out what Kasie's fate will be with her fiancé. However, the resolution of what was at first written to be a very serious situation left me unsatisfied. It was resolved too easily and too quickly for a situation that was so built up.

I was also incredibly disheartened by the way Kasie was treated, both by Robert and her fiancé. It was cruel and sad no matter the resolution. I'm also not sure if it was in her fiancé's character's nature that was described in the first book. The second book just feels disjointed -- it does end with a cliffhanger but it is one that Kasie self imposes. We will have to see if the third book neatly wraps things up or has anything to offer . . .


Pre-Order on AMAZON, scheduled to release March 18, 2013


Comments

  1. Sorry this was a disappointment for you. Hope your next is better.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mean you didn't like the way Kasie was treated in the fiction or that the way she was treated by her fiance made it seem like he became a different character? I felt in the first book Robert (the stranger from Vegas) was very manipulative in a very sly way. I think her fiance snapped. But I won't know until I get book 2. Aggghhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I mean that the way she was treated by her fiance made him seem like a totally different character. You are so right, though -- he did snap and sometimes that can make a person do something drastic! But poor Kasie -- there is a point in the second book that is humiliating! I can't wait for you to read it!!!

      Delete
  3. It is always disappointed when a second book totally fails to impress. Either it is a middle book or the series is going down hill. I appreciate your honesty and I know these reviews are often the hardest to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the first book. But given the way the fiance acted, I was dying to know what would come of Kasie. Sorry this was disappointing. I haven't started it yet. I will tonight. Man, I feel a possible ranting coming on. Oh boy. Great review hon. New follower :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana -- I still want to know what will happen but whoa I thought the second book went off the deep end! Let me know what you think!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I love this trope, sub-genre, setting: My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend

I Love This Trope, Sub-Genre, Setting is a new feature on my blog in which I discuss a trope, sub-genre or setting that I love and tell you about books that are shining examples of said trope, sub-genre or setting.  Feel free to play along and please let me know about your favorite books in this realm and whether you like this trope, sub-genre and/or setting as much as I do! Today I am spotlighting the trope of:  My Best Friend's Brother/My Brother's Best Friend , which I would define as any book where the heroine either has a crush on or falls for her brother's best friend or her best friend's brother. I have to confess that I love this trope in nearly all of its iterations!  I have a younger brother so I never got to crush on any of his friends but it's fun reading about that and it's equally as fun as reading about falling for your best friend's brother -- instant sisters!  I know there are a ton

Conversations With Myself (& Hopefully You): ARC Greed

This discussion is inspired by my feelings lately when reading and reviewing ARCs versus the feelings I had when I requested those same ARCs: ARC GREED ARC greed -- have we all experienced this?  What I even mean by this term is that I sometimes feel overwhelmed when looking at Netgalley and Edelweiss and  I sometimes over-request, if only because I can!  I get greedy when I see all the new and shiny ARCs available and I will sometimes request things that have even a hint of interest for me, not necessarily focusing only on those books that I really, really want.  The problem with this over-requesting and with getting greedy with requesting (and receiving) ARCs is when it comes time to read and review these ARCs.  Last month and this month, I have looked at my ARCs with a release date in each respective month and I just haven't wanted to read any of them.  I need to start asking myself -- If I was immediately approved for this ARC, would I read it right thi

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday  is hosted by the fab ladies at  The Broke and the Bookish ! What books are you anticipating for the rest of this year?